Michael Salas
Doug Dickens
September 24, 2009
My Biography
Doug Dickens
September 24, 2009
My Biography
The time is the only thing that you cannot waste. And what better to spend time with your loved ones where you grew. There is my small city in Ecuador named Santo Domingo. There are some events in some place that could occur in your life and have made an important mark in you. Like people who have been your neighbors and you remember all the moments when you were enjoying with them. Those things that I remember a lot, since I moved to New York City, are Santo Domingo a beautiful Ecuador's province, my family, and my neighborhood.
I lived in Santo Domingo, Ecuador. Santo Domingo is a beautiful province in Ecuador. It is almost in the middle of Ecuador. My family moved there in 1940. But I wasn't born there because my mother when she was young she traveled to New Jersey, USA. Thus I was born in New Jersey. Nevertheless Santo Domingo is an interest place where you should visit. This wonderful city has many tourist places which you can choose from the entire city view from the top of the hill Bomboli which is calm to spend your time on a wild party in any of the different bars restaurants that are in Santo Domingo. From the natural view in the Carolina Botanical Park to the antique buildings that have part of the history about who were the first citizens of Santo Domingo. You should appreciate the natural forest which is recognized with a simple view. Better if you fly over this city.
In Santo Domingo, Ecuador, where I used to live, is my family. First of all, there are 4 people in my family with whom I used to live. My grandmother is on the top. Then in chronological order comes my uncle who is the youngest. Next is my aunt. And finally is my mother. Of course, there are more people who become to be my siblings but I didn't spend time with them as I talk about them. However my family and I used to go swimming to San Gabriel River every Sunday mornings. And also we carried some meat to make a BBQ. We did a lot of things as a family like preparing a surprised party for my mother's birthday or go visit to my aunt in Loja. Loja is another Ecuador's province. This is in the boundary south of Ecuador. Now is in your knowledge that my family is not too big. Now we are in different ways. In other words, my family is not joining anymore. My aunt is in Spain right now, I am here in New York City, and my mom is in Ecuador. I don't what to tell you about my grandmother because she passed away 6 years ago. I could say that my family is the best thing that could happened to me.
On the other hand, my neighborhood in Santo Domingo is not too big. I used to live in Urb. Los Rosales. It is at north east of Santo Domingo. There I made some real friends who then during a few years became my best friends. But like in any place where you've lived there are the typical neighbors who get mad about everything you doing. One of those mentioned people was the lady of the grocery store. Just because some friends and I were playing soccer in front of her house she takes away the ball and burst it. Nevertheless I have good memories about my pretty neighbors. As once, my mother, my aunt, and I used to play with my little tricycle. It was very funny because my aunt rode the little tricycle while I was pushing her by a hall. You can imagine her, a lady, who is 35 years old, driving a little tricycle. I feel good about it. Those great moments I'll never forget. Those have happened in my old house. Even until now I remember how my house looks like. It was a beautiful story house, with old brick style with edges. The windows seemed doors because of their length. Finally, a balcony on the second floor and a large wooden door at the entrance principal complement my whole house. In summary, my neighborhood and my house have the perfect connection to make feel proud to have grown up with them.
Like I said events occur for one reason which I think is for our benefit. We live through life experiences that we have to faced every single day. That happened to me with my loved ones in the place where I grew up. Santo Domingo is a beautiful Ecuador's province, with my family, and with my neighborhood. I feel glad that I have grown girded of people who I appreciate from the first moment I met them.
No comments:
Post a Comment